Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11

I remember being home in bed since I worked 2nd shift, talking on the phone to Chadwick's in BOSTON about my charge account! The CSR said, "Do you know what's happening?" & "Do you know I am in Boston?" Upon arriving at work, the NAVY SCHOOL on Prince Avenue had blockades at the driveways. I was promoted that day to 1st shift.
 
My ex-husband and I went to Pigeon Forge that weekend for a car show. Pickups everywhere had the American flags flying in the back of their trucks. We enjoyed that weekend but with the thoughts of what had happened in our minds, too.
 
This evil thing and the Columbine shootings, Waco and the Oklahoma City bombing were played out on TV in front of my daughter, Holly Gaddis, between the ages of 11 and 16, her formative years. Thank you, God, for keeping her mind fixed on You instead of all the other ways she could have escaped these images!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment